FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Water, water everywhere but...
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2003, 5:22 pm
ScottC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
Pucci,

Even if the water were distilled (although I am quite sure that my definition of distillation is much different than what you are referring to) tanks on a/c, even BA a/c are very rarely if ever cleaned. Not so long ago there was a study published here on FT which referred to the high incidence of e coli and all sorts of other fun stuff found in a/c water tanks. I myself have been told by several BA CSD's that the water is barely potable and that BA one of the main reasons that BA once again allowed the onloading of beverages for short haul at foreign destinations after suspending the practice in September 2001 was due to the liability that BA was courting by serving tank water.
</font>
I too always thought it was the same water system as in the loo's. There are plenty of tests that made clear that this "distilled" water was not even close to distilled and was usually just tap water with a few distilling chlorine tabs chucked in, certainly not something I'd like to drink.