FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City
Old Dec 21, 2004, 5:11 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by aimela
I am booked at Sheraton Centro Historico for $140 for 1 week. Sheraton Maria Isabel Tower rooms are available for $195 for 5 nites (SPG50), then $169 for the 2 remaining weekend nite. Does anyone think it is worth the extra expense to stay at Maria Isabel Tower room vs. Centro Historico Classic room? I am only SPG Preferred Plus, is there any chance of upgrade? Thanks in advance to all.
Aimela --

I think the bigger issue here is the REASON you're going to be in Mex, DF, in the first place. While these hotels are only 2 miles or so apart, they are in significantly different neighborhoods. Only you knows where you'd like to stay in terms of location. The bottom line is that the Maria Isabel is a much older hotel with not a great reputation for upgrades. However, it has a great location.

The Centro Historico is spanking new with reportedly fabulous and large rooms. Soaring lobby with swanky service. Location is not bad, but not nearly as central to things as Maria Isabel.

So, you've got an older (but okay) hotel in a great location or a snazzy new hotel in a lesser location. Confused??!?!?