FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Polaris vs AA flagship business
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:29 am
Chiro1979

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Originally Posted by EWR764
Based on your parameters, UA wins hands-down on ground experience. Admirals Clubs at PHL and CLT are weak offerings for international business class. The Polaris Lounge EWR gets crowded but I’ve always had a nice experience. At CDG, the *A lounge is pretty nice, but I haven’t been to T1 since COVID, and it is/was pre-security. The Admirals Club at CDG is closed but I believe there is access to the “Extime” lounge in 2B, which I visited and found to be comparable to the pre-COVID *A Lounge experience.

Onboard, I would rank AA 777 > UA 787 > AA 787 in terms of comfort. Flight attendants are a wash. AA wins on food, but the gap is marginally closer now than, say, 6 months ago.

If you’re looking for the “total experience”, I’d probably pick United by a slight edge given the nonstop itinerary and EWR PL.
Thank you! That’s pretty much in line with what I was thinking. Based on that I’m going with the UA option but keeping my eye out for a schedule change with AF. I’m still annoyed that their schedule in August isn’t the schedule they currently have or the one that they have in October. I know it’s unlikely at this point but one can hope!