FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Polaris vs AA flagship business
Old Apr 20, 2023, 6:48 am
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I have a question regarding an upcoming trip to Paris, from EWR, but before I get into that, just a quick background. I do not travel for work, all my travel is leisure. As such, the whole experience of the flight (ground, air etc) is part of the experience and while I tend to be loyal to UA and *A in general (UA, AC, TK, TG, NZ), I am not captive. My first choice in flying to Paris was to fly AF as I’ve never flown them before. Unfortunately their flight times simply don’t work for me. I’m currently booked with UA in Polaris, on the 787-10 there and the 777-200 back. I was just checking around, and another option I have is with AA on the 777 there (via CLT) and the 787-8 inbound. For the return flight I’d prefer a non-stop to either EWR or PHL so that limits my choice on the inbound. My assumption is that UA is still the superior option. I feel like the ground experience both ways will be better (Polaris at EWR and *A lounge at CDG vs standard non flagship lounge in CLT and third party lounge in CDG) and the UA hard product would be better, though AA may win out on the food (this would be negated by the Polaris lounge somewhat). My question for you experts is am I making the correct assumptions? Would UA be the better option here, or should I switch to AA? Thanks!
Do you live in the Philadelphia area (your location is listed as PHL)? If yes, a nonstop from PHL in J would be superior to every other option.