FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for visiting Mexico 🇲🇽 as a tourist (FMM, "tourist card", visa, etc.)
Old Apr 10, 2023, 3:29 pm
Section 107

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by kash80
Doesn't Mexico put an exit stamp on passport anymore? We flew out of CUN yesterday and didn't get one. They checked to make sure our BP & passport match, but didn't bother checking if we had valid travel documents to US. I am a green card holder and have experienced checks in many countries which have prechecked my US documentation before letting me check-in and board the flight.
It is the airline's responsibility to ensure a passenger has the appropriate travel documents/is eligible to enter the destination, not the government of the country of departure; the airline gets a hefty fine for transporting someone without the appropriate documentation - not the government of the departed country.

Many/most western countries no longer stamp passports on exit - has been that way in some countries for decades. Some countries do have "positive" exit controls - they must actually give permission for someone to leave - which is why they check passports. Mexico is not one of them (neither is the USA).