FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bag Fees - Crazy?!
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:52 pm
JAXPax

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by rylan
I haven't looked at a Spirit ticket in a while (since, you know, friends don't let friends fly Spirit) but was just curious to compare pricing to other airlines.
Yeah their base ticket prices are a little better, but the bag fees are absolutely insane. Seriously, 55-75 and higher for a carry on or checked bag each way? And it varies based on the flight date/schedule etc.

Why does anyone actually fly this airline? It is cheaper to ship your luggage than paying them the exorbitant bag fees that are often more then the ticket price, and their customer service is abysmal if there are any issues or disruptions.
If you need to take a bunch of bags, it isn't the airline for you. Then again, I have Gold status so I don't have to pay for the first bag... But I fly them because I can go back and forth to Florida once a week for $31 all in including tax with just my backpack, and for another $100 round trip sit in a Big Front Seat.