FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room - guest upset after being asked to take his feet off the sofa
Old Mar 28, 2023, 4:33 pm
Stil

Originally Posted by labdoctor
Socks belong in shoes.... Can you honestly say you wouldn't mind smelling someone's stale feet as you sip your espresso martini?
​​​​​​
Depends on which number martini and who's feet

Seriously, of course I would mind! I am not advokating for people putting their stinky feet in the face of others!
I'm also not advokating for people not following the directions of BA staff, no matter what their personal beliefs on the subject are.

For your question I'll use my self as an example. I have had a pair of clean indoor socks wollen/running with me for lounge use as long as I can remember. So after I have had a shower in the lounge, I've changed to these socks for comfort. This has proven to be a miracle worker for wellbeing on my trips which is approx. 90% longhaul with one or more connections.
Some of these trips has historically left me nearly numb of tiredness and if there hasn't been a viable alternative for sleeping in the lounge, you could be sure that I would use a sofa for resting. And of course being respectful and not taking up space if others need it and so on.

What im advokating for is a bit more nuance in the arguments which I find totally lacking and made from people which I suspect predominantly fly from point A to point B with no fatique and not from point A to B to C to D. Which the lack of proper resting chairs in the CCR could indicate.

To me a lounge is a extended tool for work and unfortunately not a place for gacing at other people's habitus or EDIT: too many espresso martinis. I basically just wanna be left alone in my cocoon. Trying not to bother anybody with my clean socks.

​​​​​​

Last edited by Stil; Mar 28, 2023 at 6:29 pm