FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - jal lounge access on premium economy codeshare with AA?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:47 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sickmint79
that is correct, i essentially transitioned from ditching chicago winter pre-pandemic to then making bangkok (koh lanta technically) an indefinite home base. my flight status now is nothing anywhere now, so i just updated that part of the profile and wiped out the hotel and air statuses. i put down a fair amount of international SQ miles earlier but next flight really only made sense with aa/oneworld as the times worked well and the premium economy appeared to be a pretty good deal. however i'm pretty unclear now on which lounges i get access to on an AA purchased itinerary with the mix of JAL and AA metal. right now i'm assuming i can access a JAL lounge when leaving on a JAL flight, so BKK-HND and HND-BKK only.
JL metal with JL flight numbers, then yes you get lounge access in BKK and HND. If JL metal and AA flight numbers AA rules for lounge access applies, meaning no lounge access.