FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help! Got waitlisted after a flight change (paid business class)
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:32 am
thelister

Originally Posted by percysmith
How polite were you?

Terrible Cathay service about rebooking
Chances of award availability closer to travel

Seriously, it's got more to do with how close in are you? While it's possible CX may make I available, they can choose to fly seats out empty or upgrade from W.

Also, is CX supposed to reticket you now?

Personally depending on where is the OTA and whether a confirmation is sent, I'd be booking the cheapest business class seat, booking it and claiming the OTA for the amount.

I was quite polite to the agents, but with all due respect to them, the call center was located in India and they had to put me on hold for long periods to figure things out. I was rather impatient at the end.

Cathay offered a refund, but given that the current prices for similar tickets are 2000$ more, I declined… they only reticketed me by putting me on a waitlist…

From the thread I read, it seems they are award tickets? I am a paying customer 🥲. The OTA is quite horrible and I do not expect them to compensate me for anything - only booked with them because I couldn’t find the same itinerary on Cathay’s website.

Do you think different call centers have differing amounts of power of what they can do ?