FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:01 pm
birdiedouble

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by sinfonia
I'm new to these timeshare presentation packages but purchased one for Avila Beach. When I was ready to book the package, I called to learn our hotel options and was quite surprised to discover that the hotels involved are not at all in Avila Beach. In fact, they are over 10 miles away in San Luis Obispo. I'm wondering if perhaps they used to have a Hilton in Avila and still call it the Avila Beach package? Or have an upcoming hotel in Avila (though I don't see any)? I can't figure out why they would offer a package in honestly such a small, lesser known town as Avila Beach when the hotels are in San Luis Obispo. It was certainly disappointing and feels a little bait-and-switchy.
I just searched and found this property, which I am guessing is part of the old Diamond Resorts that HGVC bought in 2021. On some packages I have seen they only offer a nearby Hilton hotel, but with many you are staying at the actual resort. I’m not familiar with this property at all, but have seen them do this in Myrtle Beach though the hotels are closer to the actual resort. You might want to either inquire to see if you can pay an up fee to stay at the actual resort or get your $ back.

https://www.hiltongrandvacations.com...n-luis-bay-inn