FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:16 am
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Reporting live from UA 101:
  • I asked for the pjs and mattress pad during the PDB service, indicating that later would be fine. The FA was friendly about it, but got a bit of a worried look on her face, and insisted on getting them right away. That did predictably start a bit of a PJ rush, about which I felt bad.
  • But it turned out there was an entire large bin full of them -- I had an excellent view of it from my seat.
  • After the initial scurrying around to fulfill requests the FAs later walked the aisles offering them to those who hadn't gotten them. specifically requested (although I think by that time there may have only been large remaining). And J is completely full.
  • It seems like there are about 10 other ways to arrange distribution of these to make it less stressful for the FAs, eg. have them take written orders for PJs when taking meal orders, to be delivered later. Or put larges on everyone's seat as a default, and have a supply of smalls in the bin for people who want to swap.
  • But of course it all starts with provisioning enough to begin with. Here's hoping it's part of a trend!
Cost, cost and cost.
Unfortunately, UA won't adopt your suggestion.
Only people want PJs and get them. There are many people who do not read the meal menu. So, they won't order any PJ on eligible flights, which save UA money.