FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam {NLD}
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:26 pm
Filthy Monkey

Programs: BA GGL
I stayed at this hotel with a friend last week while on a one night visit to Amsterdam. We arrived around 7pm, already 3 sheets to the wind after a few hours in the Concorde Room at Heathrow. We were each given a glass of champagne as we checked in, which did not help our cause!

With no dinner reservations, I called concierge from the airport and asked for a steak restaurant recommendation. I received a call back 20 minutes later with details of a confirmed reservation at a very nice rooftop restaurant, which was greatly appreciated.

After far too much red wine over dinner, and countless gin and tonics at some dodgy bar, we made our way back to the hotel for a nightcap and ended up staying until closing time and spending far too much money on cocktails.

I don’t actually remember going to bed but I’m sure I appreciated the upgrade to a King Premier with canal view. Pleasingly, the second room I booked was also upgraded, this one to a King Premier.

I got up at 8, feeling somewhat delicate, and met my friend in the restaurant for breakfast, which, I’m sure, would have been delightful had I not had so much alcohol the night before. I ordered eggs Benedict and, despite strong protestation from my stomach, just about managed the eggs.

While my memory of the hotel is hazy, I am pretty sure it was lovely and that service was exceptional. We checked out at 8.30 so didn’t really get to see any facilities beyond reception, bar, bed and breakfast.

I’m going back tomorrow with my wife and baby for what will be an altogether more reserved affair so I am looking forward to exploring further. I shall update after my stay!

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Feb 24, 2023 at 3:24 am