Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam {NLD}

Old Dec 15, 13, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
WA Amsterdam: three-star chef Jonnie Boer will become food and beverage manager

Three-star Michelin chef Jonnie Boer will become food and beverage manager at the WA Amsterdam:

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1012/Nederlan...msterdam.dhtml
Old Dec 15, 13, 12:46 pm

Arrow Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam {NLD}

Didn't see a thread for this new hotel yet.

Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam set to open "Spring 2014" per their website. Some of the pictures/mock-ups look nice:

Looks like the GM from Hilton Amsterdam is coming over to manage the property and Jonnie and Therese Boer (owners of De Librije in Zwolle) will be in charge of dining.

Hotel isn't accepting reservations yet. Wondered if anyone knows how soon before opening Hilton usually starts allowing bookings? And also will we be able to use HH points or certs right away?
Old Dec 15, 13, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Looks nice. It's also apparently new construction.
Old Dec 16, 13, 5:41 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Nice Area

The area looks great, right in the city center. The Hilton is a bit out of the way. The Doubletree is okay. This property should round out Hilton's portfolio in AMS.
Old Jan 1, 14, 8:04 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
The hotel is now accepting reservations from 20. of August.
Possible to use points straight away - 70.000 points per night or 28.000 points + 95€ per night. ( looked at date in August ).

Last edited by helosc; Jan 1, 14 at 8:08 am Reason: additional information
Old Feb 14, 14, 7:41 am

It looks like this is Category 9 hotel. It does not yet show up in the in the Hilton Point Search Tool (http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/)

I cannot see any availability later this year, even after August 20th. I tried standard cash booking or rewards booking. This makes me believe that the opening date may get pushed again. Anyone has any additional information?

As for location, it is right on a canal in a lovely part of town. Great to see Hilton getting more properties in this city.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Feb 15, 14, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY View Post
It looks like this is Category 9 hotel. It does not yet show up in the in the Hilton Point Search Tool (http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/)

I cannot see any availability later this year, even after August 20th. I tried standard cash booking or rewards booking. This makes me believe that the opening date may get pushed again. Anyone has any additional information?

As for location, it is right on a canal in a lovely part of town. Great to see Hilton getting more properties in this city.

Best,

PedroNY
Maybe a temporary out of order thing you experienced.
I can see availability for cash, reward and cash/ reward bookings from 20. of August.
I use the flexible dates option.
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:59 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by helosc View Post
The hotel is now accepting reservations from 20. of August.
Possible to use points straight away - 70.000 points per night or 28.000 points + 95€ per night. ( looked at date in August ).

Thanks for the heads up on adjusted opening dates and the P+C option.

I just booked (Sunday 1845 cet) 2x basic "King Superior" rooms for 28k HH & 95Euro++ for the currently planned opening Saturday. Just being inquistive as for a nice hotel stay in Amsterdam I currently use the less central IC Amstel.

I will earn HH Diamond by May, I just wonder what upgrades will be handed out on what may eventually be a sold out weekend night Sat 23rd August ??

The only WA I know is London which is not great for HH Gold stays but as a new HHD will hope for the best come August.
Old Feb 16, 14, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post

The only WA I know is London which is not great for HH Gold stays but as a new HHD will hope for the best come August.
The only WA I know is Berlin where I have stayed twice as Gold and both times got upgraded and got drink vouchers.
Old Feb 19, 14, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
The are no Waldorf Astoria properties remaining in London. The Bentley and Syon Park hotels have both downgraded to the Hilton brand, with the former planning to leave the Hilton Worldwide portfolio completely at the end of March. The Waldorf Hilton has never been part of the Waldorf Astoria brand.
Old Feb 26, 14, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I see they now are accepting for July 1, my wife and I happen to be arriving that day for 3 nights and were going to stay at the DT for 40K. I just changed to the 98E plus 28k, I think it will be kind of cool to stay here the day it opens. I hope they don't contact me a day before and say oops - we are not quite ready. We are both Diamonds so I'll let everybody know how we are treated.
Old Feb 26, 14, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew View Post
I see they now are accepting for July 1, my wife and I happen to be arriving that day for 3 nights and were going to stay at the DT for 40K. I just changed to the 98E plus 28k, I think it will be kind of cool to stay here the day it opens. I hope they don't contact me a day before and say oops - we are not quite ready. We are both Diamonds so I'll let everybody know how we are treated.
I don't believe it,,, I never imagined it would open earlier than planned. I have a one night stay in Amsterdam in the beginning of August and have booked the Hilton ( non cancellable, of course ). Very dissappointed!
It will be fantastic for you to stay there on the first day - have a very nice stay.
Old Feb 28, 14, 10:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX points
Forgive my stupidity, but how do you get that points + cash offer to populate? I don't see it online and award res could not find it. Thanks
Old Feb 28, 14, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
You are right, the rate is no longer there; I assume they only had a few rooms at 98e + 28k; believe me I am rarely lucky when it come to this type of stuff. Since I'm on a hot streak I think I'll email the manager and ask if he/she will upgrade us to the Brentano Suite - normally only 3815 euro per night.
Old Feb 28, 14, 5:18 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX points
Originally Posted by kmandrew View Post
You are right, the rate is no longer there; I assume they only had a few rooms at 98e + 28k; believe me I am rarely lucky when it come to this type of stuff. Since I'm on a hot streak I think I'll email the manager and ask if he/she will upgrade us to the Brentano Suite - normally only 3815 euro per night.
Only a few rooms for the rest of the year? I find it unlikely they would be all be gone, unless they yanked the offer entirely.

Search this Thread