FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:22 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Due to an earlier flight cancellation, I had to rebook a YVR-DTW flight as a two-stop YVR-DEN-ORD-DTW (this is just the outbound of a round-trip). I now have a "one time" free change available. Do you think they would allow me to change it to a one-stop with an overnight in either ORD or DEN? There's a significant charge if I try online, but if you think they might do it, I could call and ask. I just don't want to spend all that time on hold if there's no chance.
At one point, the fare rules pretty much universally allowed you to add an overnight transfer if you were heading out on the next available flight. So, you might be able to get YVR-DEN/DEN-DTW with an overnight if that’s the next DEN-DTW flight, but probably not otherwise.

They’ve seemingly removed this rule, as you can see from the pricing, but I’d consider it worth asking about. Your chances may have decreased recently with the number of new agents they’ve added, but I don’t think it’s a complete waste of time. If they say no, I wouldn’t bother HUCA more than once or twice though.