FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was downgraded but boarding passes still all say1k
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:23 am
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ani90
Aren't both these accounts speculative or do you know for sure they relate to issue raised by OP?
I obviously can't speak for @Aussienarelle, but based on conversations I've had and mentioned up-thread it is plausible, e.g. the flag used to attach the "PREMIER 1K" flag to the BP (like the BE and GS flags) got set at booking and nothing cleared it. Without actually seeing BPs this is educated supposition. It's also possible that those passengers [other than OP] of course are just continuing a learned behavior without thinking much about it [most non-FTers don't pay as close attention to status so if they've been a 1K for 10 years and didn't realize that they ceased to be less than 2 weeks ago...]. Heck I cycled my most commonly needed password a week ago after only 6 months and I'm still fighting the muscle memory...

Originally Posted by ani90
I have surely been told several times that I am not what I am, even after looking at a computer. Sometimes people don't even look at the computer and make assumptions looking at you. From that moment it's downhill and they see whatever they want to see when they eventually look at computer. Computers can be wrong too - I have had to prove before that I am who I am because computer says I am not as I cannot be standing there..
One of my funniest ariport people watching experiences was at a CLE CO gate in 2005/6 or so. I wasn't paying much attention until voices started climbing and I herd "Ma'am.... Your ticket was issued by Delta. According to Delta you're still in Cincinnati right now. This is Cleveland. Until Delta tells us you're in Cleveland, my hands are tied. ... yes, I know you're here, yes... I see you. But I can't make Delta believe you're here...I can give you their phone number..."