FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alila Jabal Akhdar, Oman REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:42 am
Kman0010

I just wanted to add my notes from my recent stay last week. I did a three night stay as a globalist using points. We rented a Toyota Fortuner from MCT and drove to the resort immediately after landing. The drive on Highway 15 was fine but there was some construction along the way. I did not see many people use turn signals. Our Fortuner did fine up the mountain past the checkpoint but was not as powerful as I expected. There is enough space on the road up to go slow and allow yourself to be passed if you get timid on the switchbacks. There was a portion of the mountain road near the resort where temporary barriers have been installed along the road edges and in several spots the temporary barriers have fallen.

I used a TSU to confirm into the terrace suite. I thought the room was lovely and the bed was comfortable. The bug spray and sunscreen bottles on the terrace were a nice touch. The only thing that was slightly annoying is that our room attendant would knock on the door around 8PM every night to check if we needed towels or anything else. I appreciate the concern but somehow we were always napping (jetlag ugh) when this happened so I had to jump out of bed to answer the door.

Breakfast was plentiful with a variety of dishes that were given in addition to your breakfast order. I liked that you could order both an egg dish and a pancake/french toast dish. Egg dishes were OK. Avoid the pancakes and go for the french toast. We had dinner one night at the Rose Lounge outside. Service was slow. Our other dinner in the Juniper was great and I really liked the variety of dishes on the menu. Pool service during the day was excellent. The cabanas are first come-first serve and are nice places to relax. Note that both the outdoor and indoor pool close at 7PM so don't expect to swim at night. I knew this coming in but food and beverage are EXPENSIVE which makes sense for a resort on top of a mountain.

We did not pay for any extra excursions which was likely a mistake on my part. We did do the on-property hike which was a great easy hour hike.I thought the gym was great and well equipped. Weird nitpick but the gym had large glass bottles of water but no individual glasses. The gym windows look out toward the pool so the treadmills have a nice view during the sunrise. Overall it was a great stay. The pictures do not do it justice.