FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:38 am
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Stayed here last month for 5 nights. Confirmed balcony suite by TSU - no further upgrade despite occupancy wasn't highest. Asked for the upsell charge to Exec Suite, was quoted something like 3 times the BAR difference ... had to argue a few times before they agreed to charge just the BAR difference (and had to take my phone away to 'prove it').

I was given a poorly laid out (x61) Exec suite which I refused to accept as it didn't have a proper desk / nor a lamp at or near the 'table' in the living room; it also faced the back side of the hotel and was very dark even in the day.
Manager could only offer another unrenovated Exec suite (facing Portman Square) - didn't like it as the living room only had a small pair of windows at the corner - or downgrade back to the Balcony Suite.
In the end I settled with the balcony suite as although it was in the 'unrenovated' style, it was a lot brighter / better illuminated, and with a proper desk - very important as I was working Asia time (2am onwards local time). It was already 6pm by then.
I also noticed that the suite bathrooms were all pretty much the same regardless of Exec Suite or balcony suite, renovated or unrenovated style.

At least they didn't deduct my TSU in the end so that was ok but I still felt inconvenienced (I had arrived at 6am that day)

Otherwise, I was very impressed with the housekeeping and breakfast, and service (excluding the FD team). Even the concierge was very helpful and didn't forget our requests overnight.