FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palm Springs restaurant recommendations
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2023, 2:14 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Thanks for the list. I couldn’t access the article due to the paywall but was curious as to his choices. He left out one of the best places in the valley — French Rotisserie Cafe. Technically it’s in Palm Desert. Maybe he was strictly adhering to PS City limits.

Would be interesting to know what he based his choices on. Such decisions are personal, of course, but some of his choices baffle me.
His introductory remarks:
Like most visitors, I head to Palm Springs to chill: to bake in the sun, to watch the colors of the San Jacinto Mountains change with the seasons and the daylight, to do as little as possible. A culinary tour is never my driving agenda in the desert — and yet it’s also my nature (and my job) to always be looking for my next great meal.

Tourist-oriented restaurants abound, so places that radiate individual character and serve consistent, careful cooking tend to stand out. There’s rarely a short wait for a good meal out in Palm Springs. These are 10 restaurants where I’m happy to wait in line or jostle for a last-minute reservation. For this guide I stayed within the Palm Springs city limits; dining through the surrounding towns is fodder for a future project.