FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Feb 10, 2023, 1:31 pm
JacFlyer

Originally Posted by c224488
Yes, it was an AP booking. She was downgraded to Y on a PY ticket. Called AP and Air Canada who basically said couldn't do anything. Funny thing was that she was placed on the waitlist for J AND PY. Like what? The original booking class was PY.

She got to the the airport 5 hours prior to her flight, the agent had to make 2 separate calls and after 30 minutes on hold, she was rebooked to another plane on PY (an earlier flight).

This was a 28J aircraft switched to another 28J aircraft (200LR to 300ER). So it wasn't like a 40J to 20J. Very odd indeed. I'm sure there were other passengers in Y who were eupgraded that were not bumped. Perhaps you are right about AP vs. Cash downgrade priority but I guess no one can confirm.

Either way, I will be asking her to write in to express her dissatisfaction with this absurd downgrade.
Should have been able to rebook her onto earlier J space was available. But I guess it's too late for that, and if you are not prepared, you wouldn't know what's possible.