FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who has provided QF feedback on the changes?
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:22 pm
JohnWayland
Suspended

As a QF Platinum member, I have raised my concern about the changes to the programme. I personally feel rather cheated by the airline. Perhaps, they might consider renaming the concept of loyalty programme to disloyalty programmes. Certainly QF seems to know how to Master this skill with Flying Honours.

My key concerns are in the utilisation of upgrades. On other airlines, I have the peace of mind knowing that I can use my miles for an upgrade days, weeks or months in advance with a confirmed seat (particularly reserving my favourite seat in the Business or First Class cabin). With the on-the-day upgrade upon check-in, I would have to play a guessing game wheather or not I will be given an upgrade. Given my high status within the programme, my chances are high but for those lower elite or non-elite status, it is a pure torture.

The overall changes are not positive and I am considering a switch to either Cathay's Asia Miles or American's AAdvantage programme if Qantas doesn't do anything about it. If they don't listen to our concerns and don't consult us about the shift in their strategy, then why should I give my valuable business to them. I always believe in a trde off from each side. However, in this instance, the trade off is imbalanced and skewed to QF's favour.