FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA flight cancelled - rebooking flexibility
Old Feb 5, 2023, 9:01 am
Voda_boy

BA flight cancelled - rebooking flexibility

Hello

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere (I tried searching). I’ve had a domestic flight booking for next month cancelled. I’m able to rebook online but I would like to understand the extent of the rebooking flexibility.

From an initial search in MMB, it seems that on or around the original day of departure, I can pick any flight (and from all LON airports), but if, for example, I wanted to bring forward my trip to tomorrow, it would only show me a flight available if the exact same booking class is available (a much reduced offering, and not always from LCY, my preferred airport).

Does anyone know precisely what flexibility I have (e.g. how many days before/after I can choose any flight, vs relying on my specific booking class)? And how soon I should rebook? Or can I wait until the day of my original (now cancelled) flight to confirm?

Reason I ask is I quite like the idea of having flexibility to change my flight much closer to my original departure, but I wouldn’t want to wait, if I risk being left with no flight choices. Hope this makes sense.