FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)
Old Jan 29, 2023, 1:07 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kb1992
I hate 2FA.

SQ uses OTP and it's makes me crazy.
The thing I really dislike about 2FA (and MFA) is that not everyone has a cell phone at their side every moment. When I'm at the office, logging into any MFA site means rushing out to the phone lockers, bringing phone out of airplane mode, grabbing the code, then rushing back and hoping I jotted the code down correctly and that it hasn't been too long. Or if I'm on a plane using wifi and for some reason my web browser decides it needs to re-authenticate and only offers a voice call or text message for 2FA. Then the MFA authenticator apps also have their own issues, as I found when I upgraded my phone and had major issues moving Duo to the new phone for a couple of the sites & apps I use it for--one I essentially had to de-register the authenticator, then go through the rigmarole of adding it anew.

I get that I don't want to have to deal with the issues of someone stealing my miles, my Plus Points, messing with my existing reservations, etc., but the hassle of 2/MFA is too much for me.