FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PQP posting for cash upgrades, E+ fees, ..... when? No RDMs
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:36 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by cbono
Hi all;
Not sure if you can help me... Here is the question :

Just booked a San Fran to Sydney... at first, I just booked premium economy for about $4500, then, realized it was 15h flying (forgot about that) and so, ticket was issued.
when booked premium economy, I was seeing that the ticket was about 48,070 miles, 2 PQF AND 437O PQP.

Then, I went to upgrade section and saw I could put Pluspoint (30) per segment. Odd considering Tahiti is 80 PP and Tahiti is only 12 h flying... Anyway, I decided to actually book the Polaris and upgraded 4 min after booking the flight ticket and paid another 5k total for roundtrip or about 10k roundtrip. The original ticket was 10k. I got it at let's say $9.8k (or probably $300 cheaper than originally stated).

Now, my PQP for the ticket remains always the same. I Called GS and they told me they are a bit clueless in that.. because it was bought as an upgrade... and so, the miles would reflect after the travel is completed or up to 3 weeks after trip is done... that response gave me more of a scratching head than anything else.... price is basically the same... so, not sure why they don't consider it as a ticket bought....

Has anyone of you got this before? Will I get more miles and pqp? Thanks
First, wrong thread.

Second, different class cabin requires different PQP for upgrade - e.g. deep discount INTL economy to business (80PP), other economy ticket to business (40PP), premium economy (premium plus) to business (30PP), has nothing to do with Tahiti or Sydney.

Third, it sounds like you took an upgraded offer (TOD) rather than upfared. Additional PQP for both would post to your account only after flight completion. TOD your underlying fare is still the same (generally); while upfaring updates the fare bucket.