FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:37 pm
Tiki

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by wrp96
You will be outside security after you go through immigration. There is a security checkpoint right above the exit from customs. If that one is backed up, then I always walk to the left past the elevators to the Hyatt to the next security checkpoint because it tends to have less lines and let's you out close to the escalators for the SkyLink.
Thanks, that really helps me to visualize it. I know it works in theory but if there is a delay from MTY that is what worries me. Or extremely long lines.

Originally Posted by wrp96
I think the problem for the OP is that he is booked through QF, not AA. If he were booked directly with AA, then there wouldn't be any need to rely on award availability, etc. He could just be rebooked on any flight. But the has to deal with QF who does have to rely on award availability with AA, unless they can get AA to open up availability for him. OP I think what you have for now is okay. Keep looking though to see if availability opens up on the flights you want if it would make you feel less uneasy.
Actually there was award availability for the 10:15 flight on AA MTY-DFW and QF was able to book it. The problem happened when the system would not allow the cancellation of JUST the 16:29 flight.
And the MIA-BON flight is no longer available at least on QF. So I ended up being forced to accept the unwanted changes or lose the whole thing and cash fares are well over $1000.