FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Hotels in HEL
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:37 pm
NotDuncan

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by cactus584
I'd be pretty torn on this one and think it probably depends on your energy level. You certainly can go into the city and do some stuff. The day of the week will likely determine the activity levels. Things stay open till 9-10ish and stores close starting around 8. I don't think the airport is a bad option if you just want to relax - there's plenty there landside like a grocery store, some OK restaurants, and the Plaza Premium arrivals lounge if you have access to that. The Hilton is a good option at the airport. I've stayed there and thought it was perfectly serviceable.

Going in to the city center will take you about 30-45 minutes each way. The train is quite easy to ride. I'd do the St George or U14 depending on budget, and you'd probably have time for a dinner and a light breakfast. Cafe Bar No 9 is a good later-night dinner option near those if you want to venture out, and I'd also recommend Green Hippo (more options) or We Got This (better coffee) for breakfast.
That's very helpful, thanks!