FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers - charges, seating, award, etc.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:15 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by tomj888
Found a decent price in business class for a summer flight to LHR from LAX. Its all on BA metal but I can code share book on AA. Of course AA will not assign seats. When I went to book on BA, selecting seats added another $350 to the flight. I was going to book on BA and use my AARP discount for an add'l $200 savings. But I checked on AA and I could book for the original price. What I don't know is if AA will assign me seats at N/C. I'm a seat princess, so I don't want middle seats, I want a window. Both flight are on Club suites and every seat has a price cost attached to it. So if I"m going to pay, better to pay on BA, get my exact seat choices, at least as the flights are currently loaded into the schedule than have AA call BA and be told I have to pay. Does anyone know the protocol? thx in advance.
Yes BA does charge for seat assignments, even in business class, but as an EXP / oneworld emerald you are exempt and can select seats for no charge. IME sometimes the BA booking system does not immediately recognize your emerald status right when you book and will still act like you need to pay, however when this happens you can usually go back in shortly after and it will work.