FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first flight to Mexico delayed for 8 hours, will Delta put me on another airline?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 8:32 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConnieDee
Interesting - After doing some research yesterday for a winter getaway, before reading this, I had just decided to book PDX-OAX or at least PDX-MEX via American (at least it's not United.) There's loyalty and then there's simplicity.
The exact same thing could happen with AA. If you book the noon PDX flight to DFW connecting to MEX and the PDX-DFW flight is delayed by an hour or more, you most likely won't be getting to MEX until the next day. Even if AA would be willing to put you on another airline, there's no guarantee they could get you there same day. DL actually has fairly decent options from the west due to AM partnership. If you want to improve your chances of getting to MEX same day, it's probably best to book one of the early morning connecting flights out of PDX on AA or DL. Mexico fares also allow for overnight connections and you could book a flight into your connecting city the night before and stay in a hotel there if you want to improve chances of getting to destination on a particular day.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 16, 2023 at 8:38 am