FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:44 pm
Changeup2000

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by aenigmaeffect
Hi fellow flyers!

To preface, I've looked through the wiki, and am still confused about how priority works in conjunction with clearance window for eups.

Say I'm in Premium Economy, and 25k. If I use eups in advance (showing waitlisted), according to wiki, my PE cabin should put me on higher priority than anyone in economy.

But if my clearance window is only 4 days, and higher status members have a bigger clearance window, what happens when they are in economy with a bigger clearance window? Do they get the seat over me in premium economy?

Or am I confused about how clearance window works?
Clearance window affects when you will be put on the eup waitlist. Once you are on the list, your priority is determined according to the cabin first, then status, then fare type, etc.

So basically an economy cabin higher status will beat you before you are in your clearance window (since you are not on the list), but you will beat them within your clearance window.