FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first flight to Mexico delayed for 8 hours, will Delta put me on another airline?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:04 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Narrow Seat
I arrived at the airport (RDU) and was told my flight to Atlanta was delayed for about 8 hours. That flight to ATL was the first of two flights to get me to Mexico City. Because of the long delay, I did not make my connecting flight.

The logical thing to do was for Delta to put me on American Airlines which had more flights to Mexico City than Delta. I did not push it with the Delta Rep in Customer Service. There were no options to get me to Mexico City that day on Delta. They just rebooked me on the early morning flight the next day. Because the flight was so early I just hung out at the airport all night.

If I pushed it harder do you think Delta would have transferred me to either American Airlines or United Airlines? (I was flying coach class and had no status.)
Not unless DL and AM both couldn't get you there.