FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did Delta lower qualification for 2024?
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:59 pm
hhdl

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by ConnieDee
Basic things I keep wondering:
1. So does “Medallion Status” mean you’ve met some kind of threshold so that you yet the name of a precious medal attached to your FF account?
2. I have “ Silver Medallion” - is there only one kind of “ Silver” or is that an adjective that can be applied to different types or tiers of statuses. i.e. Silver “something else”
3. If “Priority” shows up on a boarding pass is that from the “Silver” or from some combo of factors
I’ll just let the mysterious MQDs & MQSs happen as they happen; suspect one of these is related to the AMEX cc which I don’t have… (My status is just from using Delta for personal travel: lie-flat overseas pre-covid and cross country main cabin)
Anyway kind of expecting it all to go away until I can get out of the country again.
Just like UA refers to their elites as "Premiers" (e.g. Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier Platinum/Premier 1K), Delta calls theirs Medallions. It's mostly to sound extra-super-duper-special and perhaps provides a way to distinguish between elite and non-elite without saying "elite" or enumerating the statuses.

Priority will show up from either elite status or the ticket being booked in certain classes (First & Delta One definitely, not sure about Premium Select, expensive Main Cabin fares, and Comfort+)