Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did Delta lower qualification for 2024?

Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

As of tonight, these are the requirements as shown on the app:

Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by shoodawg
As of tonight, these are the requirements as shown on the app:

Those are the old levels. Someone likely manually needs to change the page now that it is Jan 1.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:59 pm

Did MQMs not rollover for 2023? I read somewhere it would "in order to get a head start" for 2024 status.

My MQM balance is at ZERO.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkNoThanks
Did MQMs not rollover for 2023? I read somewhere it would "in order to get a head start" for 2024 status.

Why Delta doesn't roll over my exceeded MQMs from 2022?
MarkNoThanks likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkNoThanks

DL does not post MQM Rollover immediately at start of new year. You'll need to wait several days before they start posting them. Patience.

When will MQM rollover actually occur? 2018/2019 Thread

2020 scheduled for January 6th
2019 on January 7th (Monday, starting at mid-late morning in ATL)
2018 on January 8th
2017 on January 10th
2016 on January 12th
2015 on January 13th
2014 on January 14th
2013 on January 2nd
2012 on January 8th
2011 on January 5th
2010 on January 14th
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by xliioper
DL does not post MQM Rollover immediately at start of new year. You'll need to wait several days before they start posting them. Patience.
You guys! xliioper is right! You have be patient. Give it a time! You have wait for next several days. They will post it on your SkyMiles accounts. So please don't be rush!
MarkNoThanks and tvnwz like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL-DM, MM, Marriott Titanium Elite

seeing the same. assume mqm roll overs will update shortly.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 4:52 am

Basic things I keep wondering:
1. So does “Medallion Status” mean you’ve met some kind of threshold so that you yet the name of a precious medal attached to your FF account?
2. I have “ Silver Medallion” - is there only one kind of “ Silver” or is that an adjective that can be applied to different types or tiers of statuses. i.e. Silver “something else”
3. If “Priority” shows up on a boarding pass is that from the “Silver” or from some combo of factors
I’ll just let the mysterious MQDs & MQSs happen as they happen; suspect one of these is related to the AMEX cc which I don’t have… (My status is just from using Delta for personal travel: lie-flat overseas pre-covid and cross country main cabin)
Anyway kind of expecting it all to go away until I can get out of the country again.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
I thought MQD's went to $20k for DM?

I can hit 15k if I try, not 20k, hence my first flight of 2023 I booked on UA.

(Edit: I should have checked before I posted. It is $20k for 2024 DM).
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by ConnieDee
Basic things I keep wondering:
1. So does Medallion Status mean youve met some kind of threshold so that you yet the name of a precious medal attached to your FF account?
2. I have Silver Medallion - is there only one kind of Silver or is that an adjective that can be applied to different types or tiers of statuses. i.e. Silver something else
3. If Priority shows up on a boarding pass is that from the Silver or from some combo of factors
Ill just let the mysterious MQDs & MQSs happen as they happen; suspect one of these is related to the AMEX cc which I dont have (My status is just from using Delta for personal travel: lie-flat overseas pre-covid and cross country main cabin)
Anyway kind of expecting it all to go away until I can get out of the country again.
Just like UA refers to their elites as "Premiers" (e.g. Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier Platinum/Premier 1K), Delta calls theirs Medallions. It's mostly to sound extra-super-duper-special and perhaps provides a way to distinguish between elite and non-elite without saying "elite" or enumerating the statuses.

Priority will show up from either elite status or the ticket being booked in certain classes (First & Delta One definitely, not sure about Premium Select, expensive Main Cabin fares, and Comfort+)
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ConnieDee
If Priority shows up on a boarding pass is that from the Silver or from some combo of factors
Silver doesn't get you Sky Priority. You'd get that with domestic first class or international premium (Premium Select or Delta One) seats.
N830MH likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:42 pm

My MQM rollover has been updated as of 1/3 afternoon ET.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
My MQM rollover has been updated as of 1/3 afternoon ET.
mine as well. Still says Diamond is earned for $15,000 spend.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Just a data point to add to the above two posts:

My rollover is not there yet, but it will show up soon enough I'm sure.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
My extra MQMs rolled over and Im still seeing 15k MQDs for DM. Im not optimistic the latter remains the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.