FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC 25K baggage allowance on codeshared flights
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:42 pm
Jettyy

AC 25K baggage allowance on codeshared flights

Not sure how specific of a question this is, but I haven't run into this before so figured I'd see if anyone else might know ^^

I bought a cash ticket from United for a cross-border itinerary, where the first and longest leg is operated by Air Canada but marketed by United (UA flight number is listed on ticket). From what I can tell, CTA/DOT rules say the marketing carrier of my first leg would be the "selecting carrier", so would apply their own baggage policies (unless UA states otherwise).

However, when I go to manage my booking on the AC site, I see:
The baggage allowance displayed below applies when you check your bags with Air Canada, Air Canada Express (flights operated by Jazz) or Air Canada Rouge. Please make sure your Aeroplan Elite Status level is valid at check-in.
Followed by the standard allowance table of 2-3 bags included depending on status level.

I would definitely be checking in with Air Canada here since that's my first leg. With 25K status, can I hope to get 2 bags included here?