FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:26 pm
fredwooch

Originally Posted by cmeyer38
Hello All

Heading to this property first week in January and received an upgrade offer for below:

Pool Horizon Villa for about $183.00 usd per night-pool not on water it looks like

Deluxe Overwater Villa for about $450 usd per night-on water but no pool it looks like

Currently booked on points in the Lagoon View Suite.

This is our first time at this property so any recommendations would be appreciated.
I would definitely recommend taking one of the upgrades. As others have mentioned, the Lagoon Suites are connected rooms with little view, above the gym and kids' club, and I just don't think the experience would be the same there.

As between the Horizon with pool and the OWB, it's obviously a matter of personal choice. The Horizon villas are up a hill, and although they appear to have nice views, they are pretty far away from the water and the rest of the resort facilities. We felt it was worth the extra cost to upgrade to an OWB. It's a unique experience and we were spending so much in any event that the additional cost was worth it to us; others may disagree, but for us it was what made Bora Bora different than any other beach vacations -- swimming and snorkeling right off your deck with an amazing expanse of beautifully colored water in front of you. We had a pool with our OWB but rarely used it, so I don't think you would miss that aspect; for the Horizon villas, I imagine having a pool would be very useful.