FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park - Australia [Master Thread]
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:17 am
Nottingham Nick
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by CDN_BOBCAT
I'm booked to stay for five days in April 23, does anyone have updated reviews of this property?

So many things have changed post Covid, as a lifetime Platinum Elite will I get free breakfast at this hotel?
My Wife and I stayed here for six nights in November for the T20 Cricket World Cup - it was okay, but far from great.
We were given the usual Four Points choice of points or breakfast on check-in, as I am Lifetime Titanium.
I wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast - we had just come from the Four Points in Perth where the breakfast was much, much better. In fact most things about the hotel were better in Perth.
This is a cut and paste of my TripAdvisor review - I only gave the stay three stars.

Nice location, nice rooms but not the best example of the brand.
My wife and I stayed here for six nights during the T20 Cricket Word Cup. It is an easy short walk from Central train station and is a big modern hotel. We were upgraded to a very nice room on the 15th Floor, which was spacious, and very well laid out. The bed was large and comfortable and the room had everything you would expect from a high end Bonvoy hotel.
The area around the hotel clearly has a lot of new buildings, and there are a wealth of shops and restaurants within a few minutes walk, including a big Woolworth’s in a nearby mall. It is a bit out of the central tourist areas of Circular Quay and Darling Harbour, both are walkable or there are good transport links.
We have stayed at several Four Points, including a few on this trip, and have to say this one is at the bottom of the pecking order on several fronts. Firstly our room wasn’t serviced two of the days we were there. Not a major issue, but not something you expect at this level of hotel.
Secondly the breakfast selection - it was bland, boring and unimaginative - it served the essentials, but an awful lot of it seemed cheap and just ticking the boxes, for example the prepped fruit selection was just melon, there was just one coffee machine, that always seemed to have a queue.
There was a bar in the hotel, but that was closed most nights, even though the hotel seemed to have high occupancy and covid restrictions were gone.
All in all the hotel was okay - it was clean, comfortable with excellent rooms and is in a lovely area. We just expected more. I doubt we will return.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Nick