Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park - Australia [Master Thread]

Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park - Australia [Master Thread]

Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:18 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Looks good for a FP but not the best business or leisure location for most. It's near university, Central Station (which is at the very edge of the CBD, and Chinatown - not most tourists' idea of a good location, but lots of new, trendy places to eat within steps....but if that's a studio suite in the pics, I can't imagine how small a lead in room is!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:55 pm

They are now selling 3 different suites above the Studio Suite. An 'Executive' suite; 'Broadway' suite and Bellerive suite.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Nice modern hotel with fairly good location

Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

88 Broadway, Chippendale Sydney, NSW AU 2008

Nice modern hotel with fairly good location (8 Photos)

This hotel is not located like most expectation around the harbour/Opera House area.  It is located closer to the Central Station which is about 2 stops away from the harbour area.  It is in the Chippendale district which seems to be an up and coming area with lots of F&B around and some universities.  It could be used as the base to explore the city if you are OK with taking some additional time down to the harbour area or the tourist attractions. 

Check In

I arrived late evening, and therefore it was a rather fast process to get me checked in by the friendly front desk associate.  I was recognized as an Elite member and was given a quick run down of my benefits.  Was informed that I was upgraded to a suite room due to my status which was very welcomed.  All in all, I was on my way to my room within 5 mins of being helped.

Room

I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite room.  For a suite, it was on a smaller side (I am not which type of suite it was - as I understand that they do have different types).  

The suite consisted of a hallway passing the 1 bedroom and bathroom leading to the main living area which had a 2 person sofa and a working table and TV.  

There is coffee/tea making facilities and as in most Australian hotels/motels also a bread toaster.  The mini fridge was empty.  Two bottle of waters were provided too.  Not sure if common to all rooms, but there was a Nespresso coffee making machine available in the room.

The 1 bedroom area was ok in size, just enough for a large King size bed and a wardrobe and 2 side tables and another TV.

The bathroom size was more than sufficient for 2 people to fit without bumping into each other.  There was a walk in shower area and the sink area was ok - though slightly on the smaller side (if you need to place toiletries).  Water pressure was good and good temperature control.

Internet speed was good -stable and fast enough for normal web browsing.

BedroomBedroom.jpg

Living roomLivingroom.jpg

Living roomLivingroom2.jpg

Bathroom1_Shower.jpg

Living room TVTV.jpg

Breakfast

The breakfast area is large with sufficient sitting.  The main view is towards the main street.  

Breakfast spread was mainly Western with some Asian options (like rice congee, fried rice, etc).  There was about 4-5 different hot dishes.  It is also possible for customer to order eggs.  

For those that wants barista type coffee (with additional payment), this was an option besides the normal coffee machine type options.

Service in general was ok - servers seems to be clearing tables and plates on a regular basis and making sure the area was clean.

Service

All in all, for my short 1 night stay, contact with the different associates was positive and friendly.

Overall

All in all, quite a solid hotel with a reasonable location for both the tourist and business guests.  Friendly staff and the hotel grounds and facilities were modern and contemporary. 

Floor hallways1_Hallway.jpg

Hotel grounds/outside seatingHotelgrounds.jpg

Lift areaLiftArea.jpg

Nice modern hotel with fairly good location

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:16 pm

any recent stays? How's breakfast lately
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: MR Bonvoy LP , AC/AE, DL, Porter, SU, Nexus, APEC
I'm booked to stay for five days in April 23, does anyone have updated reviews of this property?

So many things have changed post Covid, as a lifetime Platinum Elite will I get free breakfast at this hotel?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by CDN_BOBCAT
So many things have changed post Covid, as a lifetime Platinum Elite will I get free breakfast at this hotel?
I was there in Feb 2022 when Sydney had just reopened to the world. My Platinum status gets me free breakfast at the restaurant on the ground floor. At that time it was a choice of one out of five or six dishes made ready to order.

Also received an upgrade to a corner one bedroom suite overlooking Broadway for my 3 day stay. Not much of a view but quite spacious indeed.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:17 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by CDN_BOBCAT
I'm booked to stay for five days in April 23, does anyone have updated reviews of this property?

My Wife and I stayed here for six nights in November for the T20 Cricket World Cup - it was okay, but far from great.
We were given the usual Four Points choice of points or breakfast on check-in, as I am Lifetime Titanium.
I wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast - we had just come from the Four Points in Perth where the breakfast was much, much better. In fact most things about the hotel were better in Perth.
This is a cut and paste of my TripAdvisor review - I only gave the stay three stars.

Nice location, nice rooms but not the best example of the brand.
My wife and I stayed here for six nights during the T20 Cricket Word Cup. It is an easy short walk from Central train station and is a big modern hotel. We were upgraded to a very nice room on the 15th Floor, which was spacious, and very well laid out. The bed was large and comfortable and the room had everything you would expect from a high end Bonvoy hotel.
The area around the hotel clearly has a lot of new buildings, and there are a wealth of shops and restaurants within a few minutes walk, including a big Woolworths in a nearby mall. It is a bit out of the central tourist areas of Circular Quay and Darling Harbour, both are walkable or there are good transport links.
We have stayed at several Four Points, including a few on this trip, and have to say this one is at the bottom of the pecking order on several fronts. Firstly our room wasnt serviced two of the days we were there. Not a major issue, but not something you expect at this level of hotel.
Secondly the breakfast selection - it was bland, boring and unimaginative - it served the essentials, but an awful lot of it seemed cheap and just ticking the boxes, for example the prepped fruit selection was just melon, there was just one coffee machine, that always seemed to have a queue.
There was a bar in the hotel, but that was closed most nights, even though the hotel seemed to have high occupancy and covid restrictions were gone.
All in all the hotel was okay - it was clean, comfortable with excellent rooms and is in a lovely area. We just expected more. I doubt we will return.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Nick
Old Dec 26, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: MR Bonvoy LP , AC/AE, DL, Porter, SU, Nexus, APEC
Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Nick[/QUOTE]

I will likely have some questions closer to our travel, I'm also considering the Sheraton but not sure I want to use the extra points on this trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.