FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:01 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency Churchill and found it to be a great start to my first trip to London. This property excels in a major way compared to other Hyatt Regency properties, such as many in the US, as the bed here is plush and comfortable. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Used a TSU that was expiring in 2023, which got me into a Regency Suite King - I ended up being placed in a suite on the 9th (top) floor that had separate rooms, which was nice
  • Suite was ready when I arrived at 12:30 PM
  • Had to ask, but no issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • Nice spacious suite - looks like it could be connected to others via a staircase with locked doors at top and bottom (mine was the bottom) as the wing was comprised of four suites, including the Presidential (the other side wing on the 9th is the Churchill Residence Suite)
  • Living room had a nice desk and large couch
  • The bed was very comfortable - super plush covers, wonderful plush pillows (look at how tall those things are), and nice plush mattress (though, it did seem to be two twins made into a king based on a gap I felt - not an issue) - I had a great 9 hours of sleep
  • Nice shower pressure - wand and upper head can be turned on at the same time with no loss in pressure
  • Delivered a nice note and bag of what looks to be toffee as a welcome gift
  • Very large bath towels
  • Check-in and check-out friendly and efficient
  • One of my curtains was stuck, but I heard some staff in the hall and they came in right away and fixed it (they even called a housekeeper to wipe down the chair they had to stand on) - very friendly
  • Turndown attendant came by to ask if I needed any more waters or towels
  • Lots of waters in room - about 6 or 7 glass bottles
  • Wi-Fi worked well
  • Regency Club offering on the 8th floor is very good
    • Open most of the day for self-service drinks and snacks
    • Evening offering had delicious (really absolutely divine) cakes, including an amazing spice cake and even more amazing chocolate cake - there were other options, too - I enjoyed the focaccia and cheeses
  • Regency Club / Globalist breakfast is in the main restaurant and was easily one of the tastiest breakfasts I've had in a long time - it's a large buffet, but the bacon was so divine, especially combined with the pancakes and then dipped in syrup - tasty coffee, fast service, really nice eggs and smoked salmon - I really enjoyed every bite I took with this breakfast and went back for seconds of most things
  • Check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient (no service charge tomfoolery on points stays)
Cons:
  • Bedroom in my suite had a direct door to the hallway, which harmed noise isolation, especially during midday housekeeping hours
  • The shower door was not effective at keeping water off of the floor due to several gaps and the fact that the water shoots directly at the door
Overall, I would highly recommend the Hyatt Churchill to Hyatt loyalists and others.

Photos: