FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the best way to find cheapest fares destination and dates flexible?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 12:20 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xliioper
PBI gets enough pressure from FLL, as well as it's own LCC service, that fares often aren't that much different. FLL/PBI-BOS have exact same $108.60 main cabin fares as do FLL/PBI-DEN at $158.60 as lowest one-way fares. PBI-SEA and PBI-SFO are actually lower than FLL-SEA and FLL-SFO by $10 one-way. Lowest one-way main cabin from PBI is $168.60 on both routes, while they are $178.60 and $177.60 from FLL, respectively. There is, however, a $118.60 main cabin fare currently on FLL-LAX non-stop that beats PBI-LAX lowest fares.
Published fares may be the same but the PBI flights will sell out of them sooner given lower capacity (fewer flights an ld often smaller aircraft).

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Also try FLL and MIA. I lived in PBI and often found the best deals out of one airport and home to another. The only disadvantage was I couldn’t drive and park at the airport. PBI has a lot less competition than FLL.
Well unfortunately Google flights isn’t good for this, it almost always forces you back to the same airport, unless sometimes if you do multi-city. Major pet peeve of mine as I can fly to/from any NYC airport.