FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House Manchester, UK REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:49 pm
downinit

Just completed a stay at the Regency. Globalist got me a room on the "club floor," which as near as I could tell meant absolutely nothing. The only noteworthy thing I about the room was that in 5 nights, I never got a single tea bag to go along with the kettle and Nespresso. I started pocketing a few teabags from the morning breakfast buffet to make up for it. Speaking of the buffet, it was an OK selection but the items were identical every day and got a bit repetitive. The lounge on floor 1 was still closed. They offer wine and well drinks for a few hours in the evening instead, which was a bit underwhelming and no snacks were included.

My traveling companion booked a room in the Hyatt House for the same price and dates. He did not get any water bottles in his room (Discoverist), but he did get a daily supply of teabags. The restroom/shower in the Regency is a step up from the House, but all things being equal, I could not recommend booking the Regency over the House for a comparable price, especially since the House includes the exact same breakfast for everyone. The House rooms are on a higher floor than the Regency and the kitchenette has properly functioning fridge (my mini-fridge was just barely below room temp).

The location is a bit out of the city center and I would be very reluctant to return to either hotel when there are several better options right in the heart of the city. It was a 25 minute walk to the shopping district and to Piccadilly, which was a bit unpleasant in freezing weather. There are regular buses to the city center a block away on Oxford Street, and the 143 bus goes between that stop and the airport. Parking is a block away in a university garage (£15/night).

"Club Lounge"