FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - For those leaving AA, where are you going?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:35 am
bchandler02

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
The grass isn't greener anywhere else. UA and DL have the same threads. What is everyone just going to rotate from program to program? The FFP's of the past are just that--a memory. These are the new rules and like 'em or hate them they are here to stay.
Sure, every airline has their mishaps, but I would argue it has been much more frequent and much worse - down to unethical (such as AA promising me a $400 refund a few months back, not giving it, and a month later claiming they had no record of that - it took an EECB to the C-Suite to get them to stick to their word).

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's an individual evaluation.

There is certainly a discussion regarding loyalty program. And then there is the airline itself. (otherwise Delta wouldn't exist because Skymiles is so worthless)

You can jump to UA for example and become a TK elite. but then you won't get any preferred seating in Y, upgrades, etc. But you would get lounge access.

So you really have to decide what you value most and then choose the airline / loyalty program that delivers it to you. Being briefly unhappy with AA doesn't mean that UA, DL, etc. would have treated you any differently...
Absolutely. I have an idea of which benefits are important to me, but that's the reason for asking this - I want to hear from others what worked well and what didn't and factor that into my decision. And this isn't briefly unhappy - this has been repetitive on the majority of my trips in 2021 and 2022. I always tell people at work that the issue isn't usually the issue, it's how you handle it. AA has failed miserably in handling these repeatedly - lies from airport staff, lies from CS, broken promises, miserable hotels and staff that didn't care, etc.