FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:17 am
islandboy57

Programs: National Exec Elite, Hertz Pres Circle

^ Emerald Aisle

^ Executive Aisle (the only interesting part anyway)

12/2 9p: EA was pretty empty. Camry LE, Kona SE, K5, Crosstrek (base trim + EyeSight), Sportage LX

ES was fairly empty too. Maxima SVs, Mustang convertible, RAV4 LE, I think I saw a Tiguan, Explorer, and Murano SV. There was one row in the back with an A5 convertible, A4 Premium Plus S Line, and a GLA. I can’t remember what the half a white car was.

The friendly employee asked “Executive?” and after I said yes, she said to choose from anywhere over there. I asked.. including those? (Motioning to the Audis) - yes. Grabbed the A4. It’s the Premium Plus with the bigger engine and convenience package. No blind spot monitoring, apparently due to the chip shortage. 7K miles, 7 months old. Super fun ride for sure. Flooring it pushed you into your seat. It was tagged GXAR. I know it was just luck, but great experience renting out of HNL. I swapped back to an FCAR res (originally booked luxury) to save some $ and roll the dice. Paid off!

Helpful tip: the lower right side of the rear bumper has a safety inspection sticker. You want the farthest out date. Safety inspection stickers are good for 24 months on a new car so that’s the furthest out it’ll go. One tagged 12/2024 for example, would literally be brand new.