FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - award change single segment, do ALL legs need to be available?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:58 pm
SilverChris

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Fair points. What I am certain of, is that after ticketing JFKHKGDPS on CX, I can freely adjust JFKHKG without making changes to HKGDPS, even when no incremental awards are available on HKGDPS, as long as my HKG layover doesn’t exceed the allotted time. As I can, with similar itineraries, on BA, AA, DL, JL, ET and KE, to name a few. It’s unfortunate (for me) that SQ doesn’t fall into this category. I could purchase SINDPS to solve for this, but I don’t think it’s worth it just to avoid a stop in FRA. I respect that airlines aren’t sensitive to inflight products, but it’s still disappointing that SQ won’t show some flexibility given the loss of the 380. I never would have selected a direct flight on the 77W…my choice was solely a function of the 380.
SQ does have non-married segment award space as well. It just depends on your particular case.

Losing the A380 is no grounds for getting a free change, unless perhaps you booked a Suites award (which you presumably didn't). Every other class is marketed and priced the same, not to mention SQ never guaranteed a particular aircraft type.