FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Black Friday deals, what to expect?
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:37 am
danielonn

Originally Posted by lokijuh
What is the obsession with Black Friday deals? Airlines are not like retail, they are very dynamic and as we all know move prices and inventory up and down all the time. If I were running an airline I'd use Black Friday to drive engagement and traffic, but release very very few seats at low levels (which is exactly what SQ seems to have done) , or put the price up for those seats during the "sale", or both.
I don't buy into the hype of Black Friday. Companies raise the base price and then discount it. When I am ready to buy and there happens to be a sale cool..I have enough money saved so I do not have to only buy during a sale.

​​​​​​If the airfare is $200 more or less and I got better seats because I booked early that is fine. Routings are better and so are the times. Price is important but I also care about the plane I am flying on. I will pay more to fly a A350 or 787.

The same flight I bought from SFO to Phuket in Feb for a month for $1100 with sears in June is now $1,700. No thank you!
​​