Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

2022 Black Friday deals, what to expect?

Old Nov 21, 22, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond

When do these usually go live and what type of discounts are typically offered?
Old Nov 22, 22, 2:04 am

I booked my flights to Phuket from SFO for $1100 with Seat Assignments back in June. Now the flights have gone up. Even if they did go down I cannot predict it. and it may not be significant to dwell over.
Old Nov 24, 22, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
It seems like Black Friday deals are live now: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...6-8c91dbb6ce79

However when I search, I cannot find deals as good as advertised. They mention PE from NYC to SE Asia for $1029 and from Vancouver for as cheap as $999 CAD. But I cannot find a single date that low. I see a few dates in September that are somewhat low but not nearly as good as advertised. I'd be all over that 999 CAD fare if it was real.
Old Nov 25, 22, 12:26 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
What is the obsession with Black Friday deals? Airlines are not like retail, they are very dynamic and as we all know move prices and inventory up and down all the time. If I were running an airline I'd use Black Friday to drive engagement and traffic, but release very very few seats at low levels (which is exactly what SQ seems to have done) , or put the price up for those seats during the "sale", or both.
bpk6h, DiamondMile and anniln like this.
Old Nov 25, 22, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
What is the obsession with Black Friday deals? Airlines are not like retail, they are very dynamic and as we all know move prices and inventory up and down all the time. If I were running an airline I'd use Black Friday to drive engagement and traffic, but release very very few seats at low levels (which is exactly what SQ seems to have done) , or put the price up for those seats during the "sale", or both.
I don't buy into the hype of Black Friday. Companies raise the base price and then discount it. When I am ready to buy and there happens to be a sale cool..I have enough money saved so I do not have to only buy during a sale.

​​​​​​If the airfare is $200 more or less and I got better seats because I booked early that is fine. Routings are better and so are the times. Price is important but I also care about the plane I am flying on. I will pay more to fly a A350 or 787.

The same flight I bought from SFO to Phuket in Feb for a month for $1100 with sears in June is now $1,700. No thank you!
​​

Search this Thread