FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will I get a Complimentary Upgrade from Y to W on tomorrow's flight as an EXP?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:26 pm
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Maybe, maybe not. Very limited data points, still seems to be completely YMMV. Not much you can do other than ask in the Admirals Club and again at the gate if you don't get anywhere with the AC. Definitely report back on how it goes.
Most definitely, I will.

Originally Posted by VFR
I read the memo about complimentary Y to W upgrades a while ago when it was posted by Gary or JonNYC, and I believe you have to be listed for an upgrade with a SWU (i.e. VIP1 or VIP2) to be eligible (so it sounds like you would be). You should also check in the app if you are being offered a LFBU to W for $0.

If you can get the first row of MCE, Y is pretty good on a PHL to Europe flight. 10JKL on the 788 are blocked until day of departure -- I was able to grab them at T-12. Remember they have snacks in the galley -- I ate a lot of shortbread cookies.
We are in row 10 now but in the middle. I will definitely keep checking to see if the sides open up as I prefer a window seat.

No upgrade offers within the app before, or during, check-in.

Thank you for your post!

I have flown PHX-OGG a few times in Y and its about a 6.5hr flight so I know I won't die in Y.