FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bubbles in F
Thread: Bubbles in F
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:56 am
Morkai

For what it's worth, the Salon on outbound F from Japan is misleading, as is their marketing in the beverage menu. "Only you, JAL First Class passengers, can enjoy the privilege of savoring the highest quality Champagne 'Salon' in the stratosphere". Not quite true. My flight yesterday consisted of 6 adults (one who immediately went to sleep, so really 5) and the Salon was gone within 20 minutes after beverage service started. They stocked one whole bottle. My wife got the dregs at the end, maybe a 1/3 of a glass. So really, it's "only you, JAL First Class passengers can enjoy our premium beverage if you order it immediately and are one of the first served."

ANA had no issues with their Hibiki 21 stock.

Also, curious what others think about infants and children in first class? I had the supreme misfortune of having not one but two children, one an infant and one around two, in my cabin. As you can imagine, this meant the rest of the cabin got very little sleep. I got none, since the ambiance was that of a daycare. Anyone is within their right to bring young babies into F I suppose, but it's certainly a drag for those who spent considerable resources for these flights only to have the main attraction of sleep and peace taken away. Perhaps I'd be less cranky if JAL stocked their marquee drink to a level where passengers could at least enjoy one complete glass.

Last edited by Morkai; Nov 22, 2022 at 3:02 am