FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA missed two box cutters in carryon-Retraining imminent
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:59 pm
i0wnj00

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
None security threat items like identity, drugs, and such should be left to law enforcement agencies.
I'm sure countless pounds of drugs got through the checkpoint because the TSA isn't actively looking for them, and the training and equipment are focused on threats to aviation security. As for identity verification, TSA only does this with Secure Flight though databases, which really doesn't cost you any time other than typing some information using a computer, and usually its the same information you give your doctor's office.

At the checkpoint, if the TSA was actually checking identities then the airport police would be busy hauling people into vans. Identity checks by definition, are very intrusive, meaning merely showing any identity document isn't sufficient to satisfy anybody in a position to further verifying who you are.

Look at the good amount of IDs that you can use to make your flight.
A foreign passport? A TWIC card? A PIV/CAC?

All these are acceptable forms of ID can get me on a plane.
A foreign passport? How do I know this is even legit?
A TWIC card? A PIV/CAC? Those only have a photo, name and expiration date.

You may have an argument if TDC was busy looking up your information based on the ID you gave them, but they can't even do that.

Last edited by i0wnj00; Nov 20, 2022 at 1:29 pm