FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:01 am
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by limey1K
I’ve sat next and spoken to many GS over the years and 75% have no idea about the items on the wiki. All they know is what’s published on the official GS Benefits site and that’s not much more than 1K.

I do not believe there are enough people who understand these soft benefits to “game the system enough to cause UA to lose so much revenue that it bubbled to the top as something that needs addressing. I think Kirby has a plan to trim the ranks and trim the benefits across the MP board and GS is just another casualty of these cuts.

So let me ask a related question: With the current state of benefit erosion at the GS level, is there a point in spending $50K+ or just hit the $24K threshold for 1K and shop around with the other $26K?
I do agree with you -- but there must be enough of them out there to retrain all these agents on the "unpublished" rules - otherwise why do it if it's just a rounding error?

As to spending the incremental $24k -- I spend well over $100k+ per year (combination work + pleasure) and UA's share continues to slide down -- but I maintain GS because of XN upgradeability & PN availability. Living in Tokyo and NYC makes this feature very cost effective -- in fact I'm flying home in a few days for 35k miles and PP upgrade in J on UA.

If I lose that I don't even know if 1K is worth it any more... The loss of companion tickets and then exception processing for one segment only were solid body blows -- If I lose XN/PN that's the knockout -- I already regularly miss domestic upgrades (and international ones too), don't care about tarmac transfers, and don't really care about boarding first (I'd rather be last lol)...