FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:05 am
limey1K

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Only UA has the data but if companions were becoming a significant portion of GS upgrades or some companions was getting a significant number of upgrades due to these exceptions, this may have caused other GSs to miss-out on upgrades or as you mention decrease the revenue sales opportunities. So this may come down to making one GS happy made another GS unhappy -- a dilemma for UA. The excess of PlusPoints in the eco-system has not helped.

Perhaps a more manageable situation would be to cap the number of companion upgrades for a given GS, X wildcards. Perhaps have tiers levels.
I would argue that most GS have no idea about “unpublished” benefits unless they are on FT. As is repeatedly pointed out on this forum, the people here are not an accurate representation of the overall MP population. Without the GS wiki on this site, I’d have no idea about the “exceptions” previously permitted for GS members.

I’ve sat next and spoken to many GS over the years and 75% have no idea about the items on the wiki. All they know is what’s published on the official GS Benefits site and that’s not much more than 1K.

I do not believe there are enough people who understand these soft benefits to “game the system enough to cause UA to lose so much revenue that it bubbled to the top as something that needs addressing. I think Kirby has a plan to trim the ranks and trim the benefits across the MP board and GS is just another casualty of these cuts.

So let me ask a related question: With the current state of benefit erosion at the GS level, is there a point in spending $50K+ or just hit the $24K threshold for 1K and shop around with the other $26K?