FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ahoy, mileage runners! (Incl. immediate turnarounds)
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:08 am
TravelExperience

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by r2d2
Not at all. On this forum idiot is slang for a mileage runner. The immigration officer asking you a lot of questions about mileage running was clearly wanting to learn more about it, so he/she was the new mileage runner, i.e. idiot, being born.
Originally Posted by ffay005
That's easy to believe. I have done the Delhi Deli twice, and while it's fun, you do feel like a zombie afterwards.

To me, it sounds as if the agent either was genuinely interested in the concept or was familiar with it and wanted to check whether you're a true idiot or just making things up and came into the US for a few hours with bad intentions.

Oh, and on the AY forum, idiot is a compliment. See this thread for more vocabulary: AY forum dictionary / slang tutorial

The destination I got the multiple questions from CBP about why I was doing the mileage run was ORD, granted I was staying for close to a day in Chicago and not just a few hours like JFK, but I guess a single day is deemed to be a short stay as well.

I could but wrong but I agree with what ffay005 said, had the gut feel that the ORD CBP agent was familiar with mileage running and wanted to check whether that was the only thing I was up to. Kept asking why I was flying halfway around the world and why I felt it was worth it. Again, just the way I was asked the questions and just a gut feel.

At JFK I was only “LOL”ed literally. Can’t complain

Sorry to jump to a different topic, I just tried searching for DEL itineraries (in case AY does offer another round of 2x - 3x points) but couldn’t find any around Dec / Jan. Is it a seasonal route ?