FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:37 pm
Davescj

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tubesoxs
I have this flight in a few weeks, would appreciate it if you could report back.
So, I had the pressed lamb shoulder (see menu posted 11/2, ATL-EZE).

I thought the meal good and tasty. The lamb portion was generous and very tender. The sauce on it looks like bbq, but it's not. It's sweet to cut the bitter of the greens. The slice of butternut squash (maybe acorn squash?) is OK, nothing special.

The "appetizer" is a few cheese cubes with dried fruit and a couple nuts (good, but small). The main, role, and salad all come together on a try. THe salad is very small.

The dessert sundae (premade) or a chocolate tart, which I had. I liked that the whipped cream was separate, but would have like more raspberry on the side. The meal was served and completed within a hour, so lots of time to sleep.

The wine I had was "Bistro" a cabernet. It was OK. Sadly, despite it being on the DL website, Macallen is not being loaded. Also, no port or desert wine loaded. Bailey's will have to do. No teas offered. No cheese instead of dessert either.

For b'fast there was a choice of chedder cheese fritta with rib hash or granola with greek yogurt. Both had a fruit bowl and bagel. I opted for the granola. I prefer a lighter breakfast, so perfect for me.

Compared to pre-covid Delta 1 dining, a bit of a let down. The service was good, the offerings just were not up to par.